FarmTogether Plans To Roll Out A Secondary Liquidity Market In Sep 2020
One overwhelming piece of feedback that we have heard is that some of our investors would like to have options for liquidity earlier than the end of the hold period (granted, some of you have also asked for much longer hold periods of 10-20 years—this is coming too, stay tuned).
FarmTogether is planning to roll out a Secondary Market Pilot in September 2020.
Here is how the Pilot is projected to work.
Once a year, beginning in September 2020 for our El Nido almond investors, we plan to enable existing investors to be able to offer some or all of their units of ownership for sale.
- This sale will be facilitated by FarmTogether via email and/or a dedicated portal.
- For most farms, we plan to have the First Liquidity Window open 366 days after the closing date for that investment, and the window to stay open for 30 days.
- We plan to have Second and subsequent Liquidity Windows open on an annual cadence and remain open for 30 days. More frequent Windows, such as quarterly and monthly, are anticipated.
- We plan to enable investors to set the price and to allow it to be adjusted once every 5 days.
- We plan to provide existing investors in the farm with access to the Secondary sale for the first 5 days, then to open to investors in any farm the following 5 days, and then to all registered users of FarmTogether.com for the remaining 20 days. Note: accreditation standards may still apply.
We plan for this option to be available on all our current and future deals unless constrained by the specifics of a particular deal.
See our current investment opportunities to invest now and join our exclusive pool of investors!
Disclaimer: The Secondary Market rollout is subject to FarmTogether, Inc and its principals securing all the necessary legal licenses and approvals from federal and state regulatory bodies. We cannot guarantee that we will be successful within the timeframe specified. We cannot guarantee that every investor will be eligible to participate in the Secondary Market. Current or new regulations may prevent us from rolling out the Secondary Market option. Non-US investors may be subject to additional restrictions. Please consult your own counsel with respect to any tax or legal implications with respect to the Secondary Market.
Disclaimer: FarmTogether is not a registered broker-dealer, investment adviser or investment manager. FarmTogether does not provide tax, legal or investment advice. This material has been prepared for informational and educational purposes only. You should consult your own tax, legal and investment advisors before engaging in any transaction.